Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Busting Stress is a Blast!

Yesterday, I held my first Stress Busters for Professionals workshop in about a year. We had a good turnout of 12 people from all walks of life, clerks, managers, real estate agents, sales executives, and small business owners. Every time I do one of these programs, I am reminded of just how much I LOVE working with people, and sharing insights that can help them improve their lives. I am also reminded of how much I learn each time I facilitate one of these workshops. One of the best parts about the Stress program is getting everyone down on the floor to do some relaxation exercises. In North American society, we are always in such a rush, and everything is always so noisy and busy, that we very rarely get permission (much less the chance) to just stop... to enjoy the silence, and to just BE.

This five to ten minute exercise, in which we just take the time to reacquaint ourselves with our bodies and our spirits, and to just BE in the moment - to me, is worth the whole day. To see people get up from that place of tranquility and to witness the changes in their faces, their posture, their breathing... it is pretty cool to be a part of that transformation.

Thanks to all attendees for the great reviews - 4s and 5s out of 5 - and I appreciate the positive comments and encouragement, some of which I'll share here...

"It was a nice, casual approach..."
"Great seminar - I will use the tools provided and it was nice to have some re-affirmation."
"Thank you for a wonderful day!"
"Excellent course content. Very useful tools."
"I was able to learn somethings new and valuable that I will be able to use."
"I enjoyed the day; happy I registered."

Our next Stress Busters session will take place early in 2008 - By then I hope to have my new book about Busting Stress ready and in print. In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled here as I talk about some of those issues that will eventually make it into the book.

What's your biggest challenge when it comes to stress? I'd like to hear from you!