Thursday, May 18, 2023

How to Survive Hard Times Put One Step In Front of The Other with Tyler Perry

View Julie Christiansen's profile on LinkedIn


I am a huge Tyler Perry fan, and his story is such an inspiration to me. I remember that day in 2009 when I realized I had been applying for jobs I was underqualified for, and not even one interview had happened. We were under pressure for money, and I was so depressed. I honestly thought about driving my car into the lake and just quietly fading away. 

Instead, I cried it out and turned back toward home. I decided to level up instead of giving up. I went back to school and got my Masters degree. Got hired at George Brown College as an Adjunct Professor. Started my private practice in psychotherapy. Grew it into a team of seven therapists and staff. Revived Leverage U into a busy speaking/publishing/consulting company. 

But it started with one foot in front of the other. #howyougrow #survival #yougotthis #motivation #inspiration #growthmindset